Monday, September 27, 2010

Fourteen years


Fourteen years ago I was living in a whole other world. I was so young, so unsure of myself and so single. I left an abusive relationship to protect my baby. This little baby changed the course of my entire life. He is my hero! He gave me strength when I had none. I did not have the strength to leave on my own but I could do it for my son.

This year I feel so very overwhelmed with love and gratitude for the events of my life that have led me here. Justin coming into my life was probably one of the single most important events of my life. Although his life hasn't been easy, I am grateful that he is my son. I believe that the more work we put into something the more we treasure it. Justin has pushed me to my very limits. I have found more strength in myself by being his mother. I love him so very much and wish him the best of birthdays!!


3 comments:

Louise Wright said...

I remember that day very well. My very first grandson. Hope he has a great 14th birthday.

Sam and/or Monika said...

Me too! You are a great mom!

David Straight said...

That is a long time ago. It sure has been a fun ride getting to here.