Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I just gota say... I feel loved! I have had such a wonderful couple of days. It all started on Wednesday when Dave took me out. We started with dinner at the Keg (yummy.. Cesar salad, Prime rib, mashed potatoes...) After that we spent some time at West Ed, where Dave bought me a gift certificate at Ricki's and some flip flops. After wandering the mall for a while he took me to the Varscona Theater, down town. There we watched a play. It was a fun romantic comedy. I was really impressed that he thought of something like that. It was a really great treat! After that we went to BP's for dessert.


The last couple of days consisted of using my Ricki's gift card to buy a really nice Sunday outfit. Going to Indiana Jones with my kids, going out with my girl friends, (another really fun night of diner, shopping, movie). I also got the book "Twilight". I am excited to get into this series. I know I'm a little late getting into this compared to some, but I'll catch up :)


Then this morning I woke up to this...





Yes this is my front yard, where four of my crazy friends had way too much fun! I heard that one of my neighbours just stood outside and watched them do this. The sign on the window says Mel's 30!


After taking these pictures, I came in the house to have a wonderful breakfast of french toast, bacon, eggs, and juice. Dave and Emma made it. Then we got ready for church, where I have the joys of being in the primary! All the kids sang me my favorite primary song instead of the normal "Happy Happy Birthday".


There really is so much more that has happened but I will spare you more of my ramblings. ;) It really has been a great birthday, and thanks everyone for all the love. Here's one last picture of me in my new outfit infront of my crazy house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!! I am glad you had such a good birthday! (cute outfit!)

cathy :)

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit!! Happy Birthday. Looks like you had an awesome few days!! :) Turning 30 isn't that bad right???

Amber said...

cute!! I'm glad you had a great 30th! Enjoy the Twilight Series, I loved it!!